Friday, May 27, 2011

Movies....

I absolutely love cuddling up to watch a movie at any given time! My favorites are old movies, ones with Audrey Hepburn, and my absolute favorite is "Breakfast At Tiffany's." I was just going to write about this movie, but I have been dying to watch another favorite of mine, "Fried Green Tomatoes," so I will be discussing it instead.
"Fried Green Tomatoes" came out in 1991 and is a drama-comedy film based off of the novel by Fannie Flagg. The movie tells of a longtime struggle in a unhappy marriage with the help of an unexpected friend. Cathy Bates' character meets Jessica Tandy's character in a nursing home and what seems as a short visit turns into a daily stop for Cathy Bates. Tandy begins on a story of her friends life and keeps Bates more than interested in her tale. This tale sends Bates on a real discovery of herself and her marriage. Tandy never reveals her character of her tale and it is left as a mystery in the end.
I don't want to tell much of the plot because it is legitimately an amazing story of self discovery and new beginnings that I believe everyone should experience at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment